FHA Extends Foreclosure and Eviction Moratorium for Single Family Homeowners and Remotework Flexibilities for Lenders and Appraisers (HERE)
- Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) announced an extension of its foreclosure and eviction moratorium through June 30, 2020, for homeowners with FHA-insured Single Family mortgages, while also supporting new FHA-insured mortgage originations through an extension of temporary policy flexibilities for lenders and appraisers. The extensions will support the President’s economic recovery efforts as the Nation continues to work to defeat the COVID-19 invisible enemy.
Federal Reserve Board issues Report on the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households (HERE)
- Results from the full survey reflect financial conditions in late 2019 before the pandemic’s onset, and results from the supplemental survey reflect financial conditions at the beginning of April 2020 and indicate the nature of families’ experiences of financial conditions at that time. However, the financial repercussions from COVID-19 continue to evolve, and the Federal Reserve Board will continue to monitor the financial conditions of households.
Photos of Whole-of-America COVID-19 Response (HERE)
- As of May 12, FEMA, HHS, and the private sector combined have coordinated the delivery of or are currently shipping: 91.4 million N-95 respirators, 129 million surgical masks, 9.3 million face shields, 21.4 million surgical gowns and 99.7 million gloves.
U.S. Department of Transportation Modernizes Hours of Service Rules to Improve Safety and Increase Flexibility for America’s Truckers (HERE)
- The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) today published a final rule updating hours of service (HOS) rules to increase safety on America’s roadways by updating existing regulations for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers.
U.S. Department of Labor Issues Alert to Keep Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Facility Workers Safe during Coronavirus Pandemic (HERE)
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has issued an alert listing safety tips employers can follow to help protect nursing home and long-term care facility workers from exposure to the coronavirus.
U.S. Department of Labor Provides Guidance on Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation Program to States (HERE)
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA) has announced the publication of updated guidance, including FAQs, regarding the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
The United States Condemns Attempts by PRC-Affiliated Actors to Steal American COVID-19 Research (HERE)
- The United States condemns attempts by cyber actors and non-traditional collectors affiliated with the People’s Republic of China (PRC) to steal U.S. intellectual property and data related to COVID-19 research, as announced in a May 13, 2020 warning by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.