SBA to Make Economic Injury Disaster Loans Available to U.S. Agricultural Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 Pandemic (HERE)
- S. Small Business Administration Administrator Jovita Carranza announced today that agricultural businesses are now eligible for SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Advance programs. SBA’s EIDL portal will reopen todayas a result of funding authorized by Congress through the Paycheck Protection Program and Healthcare Enhancement Act. The legislation, signed into law by the President one week ago, provided additional funding for farmers and ranchers and certain other agricultural businesses affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Joint Statement by Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin and SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza on the Success of the Paycheck Protection Program (HERE)
- Since Round 2 of PPP loan processing began on April 27, 2.2 million loans have been made to small businesses which surpasses the number of all loans made in PPP Round 1. The total value of these 2.2 million loans is over $175 billion. Notably, the average loan size in Round 2 is $79,000, yet another indicator that the program is broadly based and assisting the smallest of small businesses.
ICYMI: U.S. Department of Labor Acts to Help American Workers and Employers during the Coronavirus Pandemic (HERE)
- Last week, the U.S. Department of Labor took a range of actions to aid American workers and employers as our nation combats the coronavirus pandemic.
Study to Determine Incidence of Novel Coronavirus Infection in U.S. Children Begins (HERE)
- A study to help determine the rate of novel coronavirus infection in children and their family members in the United States has begun enrolling participants. The study, called Human Epidemiology and Response to SARS-CoV-2 (HEROS), also will help determine what percentage of children infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, develop symptoms of the disease.
Coronavirus Pandemic Response: PPE Packages for Nursing Homes (HERE)
- Under the direction of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, FEMA will coordinate two shipments totaling a 14-day supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) to more than 15,000 nursing homes across the Nation.
FEMA Administrator Approves 30 States for Crisis Counseling (HERE)
- FEMA announced approval of 30 states and the District of Columbia for its Crisis Counseling Assistance and Training program. The program helps fund state-provided crisis counseling services to residents struggling with stress and anxiety as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The U.S. is leading the Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and Developing a Vaccine (HERE)
- As outlined in its recent Action Plan, the United States is bringing together the brightest minds in U.S. government agencies, the private sector, universities, and overseas partners to develop vaccines and therapeutic interventions to protect the world from COVID-19.