HanesBrands to Make About 40m Face Masks a Week
- Company has delivered 10 million reusable face masks for U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services, expects to make a total of 320million in coming weeks as part of a consortium of apparel makers producing the masks.
Apple Partner Foxconn to Start Making Ventilators in U.S.
- The company that’s responsible for assembling most of the world’s Apple Inc. iPhones, will aid the fight against the coronavirus pandemic by developing and making ventilators in the U.S.
General Motors to Boost National Ventilator Stockpile
- This week, the Department of Health and Human Services announced the first contract for ventilator production rated under the Defense Production Act, to General Motors. GM’s contract is for 30,000 ventilators to be delivered to the Strategic National Stockpile by the end of August 2020, with a production schedule allowing for the delivery of 6,132 ventilators by June 1, 2020.
DuPont to Deliver 450,000 Coverall Suits to be Added to National Stockpile
- DuPont this week will deliver 450,000 Tyvek coverall suits used as protective equipment for health-care workers to the federal government, part of an order of as many as 4.5m units, the Health and Human Services Dept says.
- HHS expects 2.25 million suits in the next five weeks