Opinion / Politics

YouTube Removes Trump Lawyer’s Opening Statement From Senate Committee Hearing

youtubeOne of President Donald Trump’s lawyers said YouTube removed his opening statement from a Senate Homeland Security hearing on election fraud.

“YouTube has decided that my opening statement in the U.S. [Senate], given under oath and based upon hard evidence, is too dangerous for you to see; they removed it. To this day, ‘our evidence has never been refuted, only ignored.’ Why is Google so afraid of the truth? #BigBrother,” lawyer Jesse Binnall wrote on Twitter.

Another video of his testimony at the hearing, uploaded on Dec. 17 by a separate account, appeared to still be up.

The Epoch Times reached out to YouTube, a subsidiary of Google, for comment.

Earlier this month, YouTube announced that it would remove “content alleging widespread fraud or errors changed the outcome of a historical U.S. presidential election.” The Google-owned company said that it would take this action because the “safe harbor” deadline on Dec. 8 in the presidential election had passed.

There are still outstanding legal challenges regarding the Nov. 3 election, while alternative slates of electors voted for Trump during the Dec. 14 meeting of the Electoral College.

“We will remove videos claiming that a presidential candidate won the election due to widespread software glitches or counting errors. We will begin enforcing this policy today, and will ramp up in the weeks to come,” YouTube wrote in the Dec. 9 announcement.

“As always, news coverage and commentary on these issues can remain on our site if there’s sufficient education, documentary, scientific, or artistic context.”

It didn’t elaborate on the context it requires, and the announcement drew widespread condemnation from conservatives and free-speech advocates. They argued that YouTube’s decision was tantamount to censorship of dissenting views.

During the hearing, Binnall, who filed lawsuits on behalf of Trump in Nevadasaid the election was riddled with fraud in the Silver State.

“Thousands upon thousands of Nevada voters had their voices canceled out by election fraud and invalid ballots,” he told senators during the hearing.

“Here is how it happened. On August 3rd, 2020, after a rushed special session, Nevada legislators made drastic changes to the state’s election law by adopting a bill known as AB4,” he said, referring to the state law that relaxed restrictions on mail-in ballots.

Binnall also said that the campaign was denied transparency when it attempted to seek audits of voting machines or ballots.

As they probed the alleged irregularities, Binnall told the hearing that the campaign was refused access by state election officials to the code of voting machines for a forensic review of whether “they were hooked up to the internet.” He asserted, “We weren’t allowed near them. … We weren’t allowed a forensic audit.”

“We were denied [transparency] at every single turn” in Nevada, he said, adding that one Nevada official “locked himself in his office” and wouldn’t open the door when Trump’s lawyers tried to serve him a subpoena.

Reprinted with Permission from - Epoch Times by - Jack Phillips

If You Enjoy Articles Like This - Subscribe to the AMAC Daily Newsletter
and Download the AMAC News App

Sign Up Today Download

If You Enjoy Articles Like This - Subscribe to the AMAC Daily Newsletter!

Sign Up Today
Read more articles by Outside Contributor
Subscribe
Notify of
7 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Therese Brezin
9 months ago

The idiot main stream media continues to use condescending words like “glitches”, “irregularities” and “allegations”. They simply refuse to allow real proof of the fraud to appear before their “sheeple” because they’re so afraid that their blind followers will join our “rebellion”. I’m really not sure what they are worried about, exactly, because their blinded sheeple have always refused to see what we’ve tried to show them. They are too brainwashed to even allow that we may actually be right!

Ron
10 months ago

Reminds me of the novel: 1984. So, Google is now the Ministry of Truth? As Bejing Biden would say: 3 letter word: RUMBLE.com, the Free Speech alternative to Google and it’s Fake News Boob Tube platform!

Rik
10 months ago

J personally, don’t use Google or Facebook. I do use YouTube but mostly to just look something up. I’m really not hip to using all this new technology as I should be, but it’s just not a necessity at this stage of my life.
More so, if I decide to put my efforts to political matters and I may just have to. Retirement years aren’t what I envisioned since the cost of living has skyrocketed especially here in Progressively Communist California.
It’s not my nature to just go along to get along. If I’m riled, I fight and right now I have plenty to be riled up about. A stolen Presidency, and Communism have my full attention and even in my Advanced age, I’ll fight!

BGray
10 months ago

I’m sick of these big tech companies’ censorship! Is there another alternative, that is fair and honest, that we can all get behind. I’d love to have freedom of speech in social media and drive, FB and Twitter out of business.

BGray
10 months ago
Reply to  BGray

Also, drive YouTube out of business. They’re all getting too heavy-handed.

PaulE
10 months ago

Yes, Google, Facebook and all their subsidiaries continue to censor anything and everything they deem either Trump related or conservative in nature. Anything not in full agreement with the officially supported and sanctioned ideology of the left. This isn’t going to stop and Congress will ultimately do nothing of substance to correct the situation. Yes, they will talk endlessly about it, but as long as Democrats control the House and now potentially the White House as well, no legislative or judicial remedy will be forthcoming.

Filtering and removing information from all forms of media, that runs counter to the official narrative of socialist / communist doctrine, is well-known standard fare in socialist / communist countries. I’ve been to enough such countries and know enough people who fled such countries for freedom here in the United States, to recognize what is being done here now. The American people syill have the means and could of course still rise up in mass to take back their country, but my sense is there is a general lack of will to do so. Today too many are simply content to throw up their hands and wait for someone else to save them. The problem of course is when almost everyone does that, there aren’t enough people left to get anything done and a republic dies.

Yeah, I know too honest and direct for most, but it doesn’t change the truth of the matter.

Kim
10 months ago
Reply to  PaulE

Sadly, I agree with you that not enough American citizens are willing to rise up en masse to fight the tyranny that has infected this country. If we don’t, we will signal that we are content with the current situation, where conservatives have been confined to the “back of the bus”.

7
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x